NEXT-GEN FIREWALLS (NGFW)
Block modern-day threats and protect your business with greater control! Let us show you how!
WHAT IS A NEXT-GEN FIREWALL?
According to Gartner, a NGFW is a “deep-packet inspection firewall that moves beyond port/protocol inspection and blocking to add application-level inspection, intrusion prevention, and brings intelligence from outside the firewall.” In other words, NGFW adds additional protective layers (i.e., application-level inspection), advanced intrusion protection, and intelligence to the traditional firewall boundaries.
Why Do I Need a NGFW?
Simply stated – you cannot protect what you cannot see! A firewall’s primary function is to keep your business secure by preventing breaches and attacks. With a SMB global average of a data breach at nearly $4 million, the truth is that no business is immune to a cyber-attack. The fact is, SMBs are the most vulnerable due to lack of resources, whether because of budget restrictions, experienced security professionals, or just not understanding these threats are today’s reality for all businesses.
With a NGFW, it not only provides your standard firewall protection, but it goes beyond with the ability to block modern threats such as advanced malware and application-layer attacks. With NGFW’s you have access to threat intelligence that continuously monitors for suspicious activities that can detect and block even emerging threats – FAST!
BENEFITS OF A NGFW
- Simplified Infrastructure – Save time on everyday operational activities by easily managing and updating security protocols from a single authorized device.
- Multi-Layered Protection – Inspect your traffic from layer 2 to layer 7 all while understanding the exact nature of your data transfer. This is critical in today’s complex and evolving landscape of data architecture.
- Breach Prevention and Advanced Security – With NGFWs threat intelligence you are able to detect advanced and newly emerging malware as soon as it hits your font-line defenses. Enjoy security features such as improved packet-content filtering with the newly added application of security functions such as IDS (intrusion detection) and IPS (intrusion prevention), built-in URL filtering, Sandboxing and continual monitoring with powerful malware protection that identify and destroy threats.
- Single Console Access – No longer do you need to set up and individually configure your firewall manually. NGFW can now be easily accessed from a single console.
- Optimal Use of Network Speed – Constantly achieve potential throughput despite security protocols and number of devices.
- Ability to Implement Role-based Access – With the inherent ability to now detect user identity, it can not only work with varying user roles but also limit scope of access for individuals and/or groups.
Organizations That Need NGFW
- All businesses looking to protect their network from new and emerging malicious threats.
- Companies with sensitive data.
- Companies with a lot of data.
- Companies that want to show their commitment to keeping their customer’s data safe.
- Have compliance regulations.
- Want to improve their reputation for higher security standards, thus stand out from the competitors.
- Looking to acquire cyber insurance.
- Companies looking to merge or expand.